The Women’s World Cup is one of the most prestigious and highly anticipated tournaments in the world of football. Fans from all over the globe tune in to watch the world’s best teams compete for the title of world champion. With the 2023 Women’s World Cup approaching, everyone is already buzzing about which teams are likely to come out on top. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the power rankings for the Women’s World Cup 2023.
FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Power Rankings
The rankings are determined by the total points accumulated by each team based on their performance in recent international matches. The points are awarded based on the outcome of the match and the strength of the opposition. The current rankings, as of 2021, are as follows:
- USA – 2091.38
- Germany – 2068.12
- Sweden – 2064.67
- England – 2055.82
- France – 2021.02
- Canada – 2001.56
- Spain – 1997.65
- Netherlands – 1991.45
- Brazil – 1972.99
- Australia – 1917.91
The rankings are an excellent indicator of which teams are likely to perform well in the Women’s World Cup 2023. However, they should not be the only factor considered. Other factors such as the team’s recent form, injuries, and overall strength should also be taken into account.
- USA – The United States is undoubtedly the team to beat in the Women’s World Cup 2023. The defending champions have won four of the eight previous Women’s World Cups and have been dominant in international football for many years. The team has a wealth of talented players, including Megan Rapinoe, Alex Morgan, and Tobin Heath. The United States is a team that always rises to the occasion and will be a formidable opponent for any team in the tournament.
- Germany – Germany is another powerhouse in international football and has won two Women’s World Cups in the past. The team has a strong defense and midfield and is known for its clinical finishing in front of goal. Germany will be looking to make up for their disappointing performance in the 2019 Women’s World Cup and will be a team to watch in 2023.
- Sweden – Sweden has been a consistent performer in international football and has reached the final of the Women’s World Cup once before. The team has a strong defense and a creative midfield, making them a well-rounded team that can compete with the best. Sweden will be looking to make a deep run in the tournament and could be a dark horse to win it all.
- England – England has been on the rise in international football in recent years and has an impressive squad filled with talented players. The team has a strong midfield and attack, and is capable of scoring goals against any opponent. England will be looking to build on their performance in the 2019 Women’s World Cup, where they reached the semi-finals, and will be a team to watch in 2023.
- France – France is a team with a lot of potential and has been one of the most consistent performers in international football in recent years. The team has a strong midfield and attack and is capable of playing a possession-based game that can wear down opponents. France will be looking to make up for their disappointing performance in the 2019 Women’s World Cup and will be a team to watch in 2023.